Services of Digital Forensics Institute
Computer Forensic Institute offers a complete set of services. Starting with education and training, consultancy and seizure assistance, forensic examination, and finally expert witness testimony.
Expert seizure assistance is an important part of investigative activities at the scene of the crime. Specific problems of information technology need expert knowledge for correct assessment of technical matters. Expert advice can help to:
We offer complete service in seizure of digital information, including professional documentation, data copying, packing and transport. Thanks to a special equipment we are able to do fast pre-analysis right at the scene of the crime.
- protect all relevant evidence
- prevent unintentional damage
- find hidden information, unusual devices etc.
We examine all types of digital technology, including any digital data related to security incidents or criminal cases.
- examination of actions, processes, and facts in computer systems;
- examination of security aspects and risks in information systems;
- examination of activities in information systems related to illegal, criminal or unintentional actions involving damage or legal offences;
- examination of adhering to internal rules and directives according to relevant norms and information security standards.
Forensic experts must have professional experience to be able to clearly explain their position and conclusions to lawyers. This could cause a lot of problems, because lawyers do not necessarily understand computer technology, but they must understand the results of digital forensics reports.
An expert testimony is an important part of litigation. Qualified explanations of the conclusions in the forensic report or expert view could bring new facts to the litigation.
Seizure of digital evidence is a key operation. Only if the evidence is seized correctly and completely the forensic examination can bring positive results. Moreover, digital evidence is very fragile, it could be damaged within a second.
In case you meet digital evidence you must be well-prepared. Each case is specific, there are no two identical cases. We advise you to invite our consultant into your investigative team in the very beginning. Thanks to the expert advice more significant evidence could be collected.